We are looking for a Frontend Engineer (f/m/d) who is excited to join us in building the first global supplier search. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that. Your role will focus on continuously improving our core user-facing, web-based application in close collaboration with the founders as well as the Backend and Data team.
On the Frontend, we currently work with JS, React + Redux, Mapbox, and charting packages – additionally with Git and Jira. We are open to using other technologies/services.
What we offer
- Working in a fast-paced environment with challenging tasks (zero-boredom-guarantee)
- High ownership and the freedom of managing your own projects
- Direct collaboration with the founders – true flat hierarchy
- Rapid professional development & leadership opportunities with a steep learning curve
- Awesome team events and an inclusive company culture with a diverse team
- Continuously add new and improve on existing features of our core customer-facing, web-based product
- Keep and improve the code quality and scalability
- Optimize and extend the data-heavy state-management
- Autonomously ideate and iterate on UI/UX designs
- Work closely with the other team members at Alpas: from Business Development over Product to Backend and Data
If you don’t fit all the requirements, don’t be discouraged from applying. We are looking for the willingness to learn more than specific skills.
- 3+ years of relevant Frontend work experience
- Expert in modern, JS-based web development (ideally with React or Vue)
- Strong experience in Git & Jira as well as agile software development processes
- Familiar with production-grade build configurations and CI/CD processes
- Experience with visualization of big data and awareness of data-heavy state-managed applications OR a strong interest in learning this
- Bonus: you are either a CSS wizard or a code-security expert 😉
What we value
- Honest, fast, and open collaboration as well as strong communication skills (English)
- Resourceful self-starters who hold themselves to high standards, have attention to detail, are intrinsically motivated & eager to learn on a daily basis
- Proactive hands-on working style with a passion for customer-facing tasks
- Team members who are excited about our mission & tech
- Shared success through stock options and competitive salaries
If you’re a great Frontend Engineer who likes the startup spirit, we’d love to talk to you!
Alpas is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and competitive advantage. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.