We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer who is excited to join us in building the first global supplier search. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that. Your role will focus on building critical data pipelines and infrastructure – essential parts of our product and fundamental to the long-term success of our mission.
We mainly work with Python, PostgreSQL, dbt, Airflow, K8s, and Terraform. We are open to using other technologies.
What we offer
- Working in a fast-paced environment with challenging tasks (zero-boredom-guarantee)
- High ownership and the freedom of managing your own projects
- Direct collaboration with the founders – true flat hierarchy
- Rapid professional development & leadership opportunities with a steep learning curve
- Awesome team events and an inclusive company culture with a diverse team
- Design, build and maintain high-performance ETL pipelines
- Develop monitoring and tracking across our data stack
- Create efficient data models & storage solutions for new datasets
- Work closely with other engineers to design, operate and scale their pipelines
- Build cloud infrastructure and productionize algorithms & ML models
- 4+ years of industry programming experience
- Track record of ownership of technical projects
- Expert in data processing (e.g. Python, SQL, Rust, C/C++)
- Real-world experience with unstructured data of various formats
- Experience in production-grade environments on standard cloud providers, IaC (e.g. Terraform), and various DB architectures
- Bonus: Experience in procurement, manufacturing, or logistics
What we value
- Honest, fast, and open collaboration as well as strong communication skills (English)
- Resourceful self-starters who hold themselves and their team to high standards and have attention to detail
- Short release cycles, and active participation in our releases
- Team members who are excited about our mission & tech
- Shared success through stock options and competitive salaries
If you’re an expert data engineer who loves greenfield projects, we’d love to talk to you!
Alpas is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and competitive advantage. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.